Today is the 5th birthday of my amazing son. BRCB came into this world at 3:20pm. He was early, but he set the stage of what his amazing life will be with his brith. Today’s gratitude is a special birthday edition about what I am most grateful for from 5 years ago today.
* An amazing nurse that started the day inducing my labor – this is it!
* For the first and ONLY time, using my pregnant belly as a shelf for my toast with grape jelly breakfast. We had to take that as one of the keeper photos! Super fun
* The maternity ward – they had toast, jelly, saltines, butter…yeah, it’s still about food
* A selfie with the hubby (in the age before Smart Phones with cameras that allowed you to do the selfie; old fashioned camera turned on us) documenting “It all started with us!”
* My OB is the OB on schedule today!
That freaked me out that there was a potential that I would have to possibly have a different doctor. Dr. B was there!
* Just taking it all in
I am Type A. I am a Control Freak. This pregnancy and the who birth process has been one that is completely and totally out of character for me. It has been the MOST ENJOYABLE life experience, and I KNOW it is because of this.
There was no internet obsession of feelings or symptoms. There was no crazy nesting. We registered like we did for our wedding (much to the chagrin of the family and friends again) and planned the nursery in our typical life fashion.
We took everything in stride. We had the BEST experience leading up to this moment.
We reflected, We expressed gratitude,
LET THE FUN BEGIN!
More later in the day of additional gratitude associated to this time period 5 years ago….